Food Service Driver – Full-Time
Job Title: Food Service Driver
Reports To: Food Service Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assignment Category – Regular, Full-Time
Hours per day: 8 hours
Under general supervision, Home Delivery Meals Drivers operate a company van or other light vehicle in the pickup and delivery of meals, food stuffs and supplies to home-bound clients. Drivers must be safe while out on delivery routes and observant of all relevant posted signs and rules. Drivers must ensure accurate loading of all meals and food stuffs daily, and may occasionally be asked to come in early or stay late for meetings, additional help in the department, etc. Additionally, drivers build positive meaningful rapport with clients, as they will see clients frequently while on their assigned delivery route.
- Perform a variety of routine duties related to the preparation and serving of food for home delivered and congregate feeding sites
- Delivers food to the assigned routes
- Cleans assigned areas following established practices and procedures
- As a mandated reporter for Elder Abuse, report any suspicious circumstances or suspected abuse to Adult Protective Services
- Maintain routine records related to delivery and food service duties
- Performs daily safety inspection of vehicles and operates vehicle to and from central kitchen
- Obeys traffic laws and observes defensive driving practices
- Wash, fuel and perform minor preventive maintenance of assigned vehicles
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid California Driver's License is required
- Experience working with older adults preferred
- Experience working in delivery preferred
- Operation of light vehicles and basic vehicle maintenance procedures
- Obeys all applicable signs of the road, as well as engages in safe, defensive driving techniques
- Basic record-keeping methods applicable to delivery functions
- Sanitation and safety practices in the transport, handling and preparation of food
- Cleaning and sanitation methods used in a food service environment
- Food storage methods
- Basic arithmetic (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Unflinching customer service
- Positive interactions with diverse groups of people
- Proactive and problem-solving
- Communicates and cooperates with other drivers at the site for efficient daily operations
This is a physically demanding position, in which drivers may cumulatively walk up to multiple miles in a shift while pulling and/or carrying food items to home delivery clients. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb stairs or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift, push or pull up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to normal risks associated with driving, working outdoors in the elements, and in a kitchen/dining room.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
The salary range for this position is $15.19 – 16.85/hour DOE. Serving Seniors offers competitive salaries, a generous PTO package, paid holidays, and a retirement savings plan to all team members. Health, dental, vision, life insurance, legal insurance, FSA, and more are offered to qualifying staff. Serving Seniors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or expression, age, or disability.