Serving Seniors’ clinical team of nurses, social workers, and care navigators provides an array of integrated health and social services to address low-income seniors’ wraparound wellness needs.
Nurse Case Management & Health Education
Our registered nurses promote healthy aging by providing one-on-one healthcare visits, health education, and weekly Blood Pressure Screening clinics at the Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center. Our health services include:
- Chronic disease management
- Health screenings and assessments
- Help navigating county, state, and federal healthcare systems
- Patient advocacy
- Weight management
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Follow-up care
Mental Health Services
We provide culturally sensitive and supportive on-site mental health education, counseling, and assessments through a partnership with Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. For more information, please call 619-487-0719.
Serving Seniors has also partnered with Family Health Centers of San Diego who will be providing a Mobile Medical Unit for Mental Health Services once a week at the Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center.
Serving Seniors’ social service case managers are fluent in English, Spanish, and Mandarin, and work one-on-one with clients to provide support for the complex, poverty-related issues. Our social services includes help:
- Applying for benefits and entitlements
- Resolving landlord issues and housing disputes
- Understanding your finances
- Approving emergency financial assistance
- Coordinating transportation
- Connecting clients to in-house and community resources
Dental Care Coordination
Our care navigators provide access to the Gary & Mary West Senior Dental Center—a separate 501(c)(3) organization located inside our Wellness Center—as well as assessments and wraparound social and wellness services.
For more information about our Health & Social Services, please call 619-487-0719.