The pursuit of knowledge through lifelong learning—whether it’s learning a new skill, joining an exercise class or volunteering — has wonderful benefits for seniors of all ages.
Lifelong learning opportunities keep your mind sharp, improve your memory, increase your self-confidence, help you meet people who share your interests, and build on skills you already have.
Nothing transforms the aging experience like feeling young and fit, both mentally and physically. Open to all seniors in the community at no or low cost, we offer fun classes that engage, educate and increase awareness.
- Fitness (Yoga, Tai Chi, Feeling Fit)
- Interactive games (chess, scrabble, Wii)
- Health Education (hearing screenings, fall prevention, blood pressure clinic, chronic disease management)
- Arts and Crafts (jewelry making, painting, knitting)
- General knowledge (travel, trivia, current events)
- Social activities (dance classes, birthday parties)
For more information about classes and activities, contact Tim Ruis at (619) 487-0727.
Health Benefits Advocacy
Three fulltime Consumer Center bilingual advocates work Monday – Friday, with offices in the Dining Hall and upstairs. These advocates provide seniors with free legal assistance concerning Medicare, Medi-Cal, and other health care access issues. Call 619-235-6572, ext. 352 for an appointment, or email us at email@example.com.